top

Monday, January 7, 2013

Oak Street Boot Makers at The Pop up Flea





Brown Hunt Boot = Badass



BeefRoll notice how the shoe appears wider

Vibram Soles so the haters can't catch you slipping



     The brand that is the highlight from "The Popup Flea" was Oak Street Boot Makers.I had a brief conversation with Mike Wikie at the stand.The conversation was very informative felt more like I was in a science class.For readers that aren’t familiar with Oak Street Boot Makers; Oak Street Boot and shoes are made from Horween Chromexcel leather.Oak Street Boot Boot makers have made the word Chromexcel a household name.Mike and I were talking about how a couple years ago the word Chromexcel was a word only heard from leather enthusiasts. Chromexcel is the holy grail in the leather world. This type of leather comes from adult cowhide from a tannery in Chicago, Illinois. The process that Chromexcel goes through is amazing, it undergoes 89 separate processes taking 28 days and utilizing all five floors of the Horween facility in Chicago. Food-grade beef tallow, cosmetic-grade beeswax, marine oil, chrome salts, tree bark extracts and naturally occurring pigments are combined.
     It was hard to decide what my favorite was. The beef roll penny loafer had me in amazement.I love seeing penny loafers with beefroll on the side. Mike and I agree that the beef roll makes the penny loafer look more balance by giving it a wider appearance on the sides. We also agree with the popularity of the penny loafer with women, the beefroll gives it more masculine appearance.My second favorite pic was the trail oxfords.I simply love the design of shoe its perfect.Whats better than a moc that is Horween® Chromexcel® leather with hand-stitched moccasin construction and to top it off with a camp sole. The Brown Hunt Boot is totally badass and rad.I fell in love with this boot great height, Chromexcel leather,rawhide laces and a Vibram sole.It doesn’t get any better, great alternative to a red wing.
    Finally, paying a visit to Oak Street Boot Makers was definitely worthwhile. I had the opportunity to speak with a knowledgeable representative that really likes what he was doing. I went by to ask some questions and got a lecture (very rad). If you are looking for long lasting high quality shoes, then here's my approval. Actually, if you hear Made in the U.S.A., Horween, Vibram and handcrafted in the same sentence ...just buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment