top

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My Trip to the The Pop Up Flea

A couple of weeks ago I attended The Pop Up Flea. For those aren’t familiar with The Pop Up Flea. Created by Michael Williams from (http://www.acontinuouslean.com) and Randy Goldberg (http://www.getkempt.com) is a mini store that any menswear enthusiast would enjoy. This was my first time in the trade show, because every year I try to go, but for some strange reason it goes below my radar and I miss it. Unlike other trade shows that I attended this one differs by having a key focus “Made in U.S.A” For me it doesn’t get better than this, “Really a trade show where I can walk in and check the label and see Made in the good Old U.S.A” For me that’s very important because I support brands that produce their products here not outside. 







I was very excited to finally being able to attend the Pop- Up shop. There was a display of badass Ford Broncos from the seventies era that were in immaculate condition. Actually the best pictures that I took were of the Ford Broncos. My camera decided to change personality, when I enter the building and gave me a difficult time getting quality pictures. Seriously, Ford needs to bring back this vehicle back in production. Hop on the bringing back the classics bandwagon, just like the other automobile manufacturers. There was an MG that pretty much broke everybody's neck. There was a small display of fix gear bicycles with Brooks saddles. I would have preferred classic handlebars (like drops or Track bars).

The man Brian Davis Repping Greenpoint!!!

A preview of what Woodsleepers has in storage for their site





Danner

Danner, a boot company from Portland, Oregon. The Brand was established in 1932. Danner an innovator: they used GORE-TEX® fabric to make a boot impermeable. A leader as well by winning accolades such as the APMA seal of acceptance by the American Podiatric Medical Association. Also, the first boot company in the United States to be  earn ISO 9002 certification.

Wood&Faulk

Yess Campfire Cologne

Northwesterner 12" Bag 


How rad is this!!





A brand that I discover was Wooden & Faulk, Matt was an amiable person with a good sense of humor. I had a great time speaking with him. I have to say this was the coolest brand that I haven’t heard of at the show. The brand is from Portland, Oregon and it specializes in leather goods and waxed canvas bags. You will be seeing a lot from this brand on the blog. They have a lot of cool stuff.


L.L.Bean Signature
The classic 1933 Chamois Cloth


Rancourt


Para Mujeres (for women) I envy you females for this colorway

Womens camp-moc blood orange suede


Wow !!

Women's Pinch Penny Loafers - Brown Chromexcel



Here's Rancourt, the brand that makes everybody in the blogosphere go crazy. I took a generous amount of pics for everybody to drool for. Rancourt, a brand based in Maine, which is the heritage capital. Their shoes are hand sewn from the finest leathers possible. In fact, let me name a couple of the leathers Chromexcel, Shell Cordovan, Mohave and Repello. Not Kool for the camp moc in orange is only available for women because I'm obsessed with it.

 All in all, I had a blast in the Pop Up shop. I saw old faces and met new faces. I expanded my knowledge on leathers. I met new brands that I will be following. I highly recommend everybody to attend this event if you are a Made in the U.S.A enthusiasts. Stay crispy my friends!





All in all, I had a blast in the Pop Up shop. I saw old faces and met new faces. I expanded my knowledge on leathers. I met new brands that I will be following. I highly recommend everybody to attend this event if you are a Made in the U.S.A enthusiasts. Stay crispy my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment