top

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Potrait of an American Craftsman - Frank Clegg


Portrait of An American Craftsman - Frank Clegg from Marcus Troy on Vimeo.
I should be sleeping at this time it's real late. But I had to watch this short video of Frank Clegg by Marcus Troy. Then I wonder why I'm very sleepy the next day. One of the Leather Good's brands that I have the most respect for is Frank Clegg. I completely agreed with Frank when he said: "I asked myself all the time why is it important for American made products come back? I never understood why it ever left? I just can't understand why we develop everything we come up with our own designs, we come up with our techniques of doing things and then we just handed it to somebody else to make the products for us" I never understand why it left as well. I don't think people need to go to a European brand to get a high quality bag. I find it very sad that the majority of American consumers tend to purchase products from other countries instead of here. What I find ironic is the brands of high luxury bags people usually tend to buy like Gucci and Louis Vuitton aren't outsourced. They're made right there in France and Italy. I'm a huge fan of Frank Clegg work because his bag is Made here in the U.S.A. He doesn't put any conspicuous logos on the bags. I havn't seen the bags in person, but I do visit the website often and the unparalleled craftsmanship is quite perceptible.

No comments:

Post a Comment