top

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Oscar De La Renta Fur Vintage Advertisments

Cindy Crawford 1988

Lee Radziwill, Peter Tuffe, Françoise De La Renta and Oscar De La Renta


   Living in New York City with fashion week going on is pretty impossible to avoid. On the subway well dressed people with their cameras looking anxious to see the show. Plus with social media, which has a dramatic impact on our lives, it pretty much keeps us informed. Oscar De La Renta was pretty much the craze everywhere. It didn’t bother me it. Each time I saw the name Oscar De La Renta I felt pretty darn proud. The name Oscar was introduced me at a young age (5 years old to be exact) when I mentioned to my mom that I had an interest in fashion. It was a big deal cause he’s been a fellow countryman. Any true Fashionista’s definitely know that the man designed spectacular fur coats for women.
The true fashionista’s I’m talking about are the elderly women  you see in New York City wearing their vintage Gucci Bag, Cartier Tank watch, Salvatore Ferragamo Vara slippers usually in Upper West and Upper East Side. I simply love coming across these women in the streets, their style is so classic and graceful. He really had  a way to understanding women, like everything he designed was delicate yet bold and powerful. His furs were worn by many powerful women that dominated their fields like Nancy Kissinger, Mercedes Bass. Barbara Walters and Anna Wintour. This is definitely his week. Enjoy the pic!

1972

1979

1979

1979

1979

1988

1990


No comments:

Post a Comment