top

Friday, August 24, 2012

Capsule show Men Spring/Summer 2013 Trends


A couple of weeks ago I was at the Capsule Show. As always it was a great experience. I met old brands that I seen in previous shows and new brands that I never seen before. I noticed  certain trends that will be very popular in Spring/Summer 2013.One of the most perceptible trends was Camo. Camo print looks to be even more ubiquitous in 2013 as it takes over footwear.
Caiminando

Caiminando

East land
 
I also noticed colored soles are going to be even more popular. Brands like Sperry and Caiminando use colored soles on a couple of their models. Adding color to the sole of the shoe can actually make a shoe looked completely different. I own a couple of shoes that have colored soles and its always interesting thinking how to incorporate the soles color into my wardrobe.

Caiminando

Sperry

Sperry

Caiminando
 
I have a strong feeling that  nautical striped sweaters will be very popular in early spring especially on the East coast side of the U.S. Great sweater for those nippy spring nights. You won’t look out of place with a sweater in spring because nautical striped sweaters usually come in basic colors white/navy, white/red and white/black. St.James is the OG when it comes to the stripe sweater. They have a lot of options available. Swedish brand Velour has a very nice striped sweater in three colors which I like a lot.Usually nautical striped sweaters are usually two colors.
St.James

St.James

Velour
 
As I was pasting by the booths I saw the Espadrille. I’m adding the espadrille to the list of Spring/Summer 2013 trends. However, I don’t think it’s a trendy shoe I see it more as a classic. I only took pictures of two brands that had espadrilles. St.James had a really nice espadrille that would looked magnificent with the striped sweater.Industry of all Nations had a really nice lace up version of the espadrille.At the trade show I saw about five brands with espadrilles. I was surprised to see so many brands with espadrilles compared to last year. But like I always say,” the espadrille is the summer shoe”

Industry of all Nations

St.James
 Spring/Summer 2013 should be very interesting with these four trends that I spotted at Capsule. Camo print surprised me a lot I didn’t thought about it being used in spring/summer for footwear. I always saw it for winter and layering but I was wrong. I wonder what will be the trends for women

No comments:

Post a Comment