top

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Throw Back Prep Thursdays J.Press 1959 Sweaters




Prep throwback Thursday is brought to you by J.Press. This might be one of my favorite advertisements I have posted so far. The advertisements come from the 1959 catalog, featuring quintessential Ivy League items normal in any preppy household in 1959. The 1959 catalog had classic sweaters like, "The Shaggy Dog, Shetland Sweaters, and the Danish Irish fisherman" for men and women. I wonder why J.Press no longer sells their timeless sweaters to the female audience, which I'm sure would be a hit. I wished I had a time machine to relive this time and be able to buy these sweaters at those prices.

2 comments:

  1. I remember it well. You can still follow the ongoing saga at Ivy Style at MFIT through January 5th---Richard Press

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went three times already!!! Great exhibition.Do you have any stories about the old J.Press Catalogs?

      Delete