top

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

L.L. Bean Maine Hunting boot 100 Year Old Anniversary




Original L.L. Bean Boot from the archives



   The boot that startled it all, is 100 years old.To celebrate the 100 year old anniversary L.L. Bean is releasing the Maine Hunting boot in the original color way that Leon Leonwood Bean invented.The boot is made from premium leather and features a red brick bottom.The red brick bottom gives the boot a great contrast with its leather upper. Two types of laces comes with the boot,raw hide and taslan laces.
   The story of this boot is astonishing for numerous reasons.The first reason is I think its amazing that the boot is 100 years old and is still going strong.The Bean boot falls in the same category of classics like the Converse Chuck Taylor,Sperry boat shoe,Bass weejuns.All the shoes that I mention have been out for a very long time. One thing that the boot has in common with the rest of the shoes I mention is it looks great as it ages.The boot is also back by a great guarantee.L.L Bean also offers a repairs and resoling  service program, which is great for the people that love their boots to be broken in.
  I own a couple of pairs of Bean boots and absolutely love them.They are the most stylish and comfortable winter boots that I ever had.I live in New York City and usually every year we get a good snowstorm of usually seven to nine inches (last year we had to many snowstorms).I have worn my Bean boots for a week straight or till there's no sign of snow on the streets and still fell comforable in them.
   The boot is available for men and women.I'm sure women are going to love the red brick bottom.The boot is limited edition and is available now at www.llbean.com.What your opinion on the boots?



No comments:

Post a Comment